Paying for Quality at the 2013 IHPA Actvity Based Funding Conference
Patrick Power, Managing Director of PowerHealth Solutions will be speaking at the IHPA Activity Based Conference being held in Sydney 13-16th May 2013.
Topic: Paying for Quality
Session: Costing Issues at the Hospital Level
Time: 1:50pm Wednesday 15th May
Venue: Parkside Auditorium, Sydney Convention Centre
Patrick is an authority on healthcare funding and quality, and presents regularly at many local and international conferences as well as being published in industry journals.
Patrick’s vision has been the driving force behind PowerHealth Solutions, and he is responsible for the success and growth of the company and its products.
Patrick’s business acumen was recognised last year when he won the 2012 Technology Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the Australian Central Region.
Email Patrick, to arrange to catch up.
About PowerPerformance Manager
Patrick is the product designer of PowerPerformance Manager, which is the de facto patient costing standard in Australia, being adopted at many State Health Departments. This system ticks all the boxes for Activity Based Funding reform, and is being adopted at various State Health Departments in Australia.
Use PowerPerformance Manager to:
- Cost all forms of activity — PPM can cost the delivery of all health service encounter types required by the UK and Australian Clinical Costing Standards, including Inpatients, Outpatients, Emergency, Mental Health and Rehabilitation.
- Report at any frequency — PPM's fast processing speeds gives quick feedback, facilitating any reporting frequency, including quarterly, monthly, fortnightly, weekly and even daily.
- Automatically calculate the NWAU under ABF — PowerHealth Solutions provides an Activity Based Funding Ruleset for the PPM Rulesets module which models the funding for services and encounters using business rules replicating the IHPA National Weighted Activity Unit calculations.
- Compare costs against the NWAU — Use PPM to calculate the cost of delivery for each patient encounter, and measure gains and losses against the NWAU.
- Automate statutory reporting preparation — Achieve consistent quality data and reporting, by having all participating hospitals use the same PPM Statutory Reporting Toolset to prepare their costing reports.